- The Crew 2 – Drive dangerously from one side of the US to the other with cars, bikes, boats, and planes. You do have a pilot’s license, right? (Ubisoft, until April 13)
Free to keep:
- The Search – A story-driven puzzle-adventure set in a mysterious world where art comes to life (Ends April 14)
- Close to the Sun – Solve mysteries aboard Nikola Tesla’s quarantined cruise ship in this pre-20th century first-person horror-adventure that bears more than a passing resemblance to Bioshock, except it’s not underwater (yet) (Epic Games Store, ends April 16)
- Sherlock Homes: Crimes and Punishments – Put on your cape and detective hat and solve six different mysteries in the best entry in Frogwares’ long-running Sherlock series (Epic Games Store, ends April 16)
Twitch Prime’s games aren’t technically free, since you need to be a Twitch Prime subscriber in order to take advantage. But there’s a lot on offer if you are, including in-game loot and starter packs for free-to-play games, so it’s worth keeping tabs on. Twitch Prime is included with Amazon Prime at $13 per month, or $120 per year; links to all Twitch Prime freebies are available at amazon.com.
- Earthlock – An adventure RPG inspired by the classic 3D JRPGs of the late 90’s, with a fresh take on turn based combat and character progression. (Ends May 1)
- Kathy Rain – The story of a strong-willed journalism major who has to come to terms with her own troubled past as she investigates the mysterious death of her recently deceased grandfather in the 1990s. (Ends May 1)
- Turok – A late-’90s cult classic about dinosaurs and the thick-necked beefmeister who kills them. (Ends May 1)
- Etherborn – A gravity-defying puzzle-platform that looks like a psychedelic piece of art come to life. (Ends May 1)
- Lightmatter – A first-person puzzle game where you manipulate beams of light to get from place to place, because the shadows eat people. I mean, they will literally eat you. (Ends May 1)
We’ll keep this list as comprehensive as we can, but if you spot something we haven’t, let us know in the comments.